_Convenient nearby parking is available at the Leo A. Roy municipal garage on Market Street (see map above right). Metered street parking is also available. Vehicles displaying a valid handicap placard may park at meters for no charge.
A parking lot behind the museum is available for free parking ON WEEKENDS ONLY. For the lot behind the museum, take the first left off Market St. onto Palmer St., then the first left onto Middle St. You'll recognize our building by the quilt mural on the back wall. (See photo at right.)
Free parking is also available at the National Historic Park lot. To drive to Lowell National Historical Park: from either Interstate Route 495 (Exit 35C) or Route 3 (Exit 30A if traveling southbound, Exit 30B if traveling northbound)
• Take the Lowell Connector to Thorndike Street (Exit 5B). Please note that the Connector is closely monitored for speed.
• On Thorndike Street, which becomes Dutton Street, continue straight through four traffic lights.
• At the fifth traffic light, turn right from Dutton Street into the Visitor Parking Lot.
• Free parking is available here during Park operating hours in the gated section of the lot with ticket validation at the Visitor Center.
• From the lot, follow the signs and walk to the Visitor Center through the mill archways and courtyard to the left section of the mill building on the far side of the courtyard.
THE NEW ENGLAND QUILT MUSEUM