Volunteers are an important part of The New England Quilt Museum. Your help is truly appreciated once a week, once a month or once a year. Training will be provided for all volunteer positions.
Why should you volunteer?
- You are needed.
- You love quilting and would like to learn more about antique and contemporary quilts.
- You want to see the quilt museum continue to offer great exhibitions, classes, continue the art of quilting and tell visitors the story of quilting.
- You want to pass on your love of quilting to the next generation.
- You enjoy working with others who love quilts as much as you do.
- You enjoy meeting visitors who come from all over the world.
Very Special Volunteer needed:
Individual to serve as the Museum’s Volunteer Coordinator. Should live near Lowell (ideally) and be available to recruit, interview and orient new volunteers. (Training will be provided for this position.)
To apply, contact us at: email@example.com.
If you'd like to have fun by volunteering at the museum, download the form you'll find here, complete it and attach it to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also print the application form below, complete and mail to:
New England Quilt Museum
18 Shattuck St.
Lowell, MA 01852
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITES
- assist with mailings and filing
- create labels for the exhibits
- provide administrative support
- help care for the permanent collection
- perform condition reports; sew on sleeves; unbox
and rebox quilts;
- research and document new acquisitions
- assist with monthly collection work days
Library/ Resource Center:
- assist visitors with questions about the museum, quilting
- loan library books and videos to members and process
new library materials
- sell donated books, magazines, etc from our continuous
- weekend volunteers especially needed
- assist in installing 4 rotating exhibitions each year
- install display signs and adjust lighting
- help box and unbox quilts, perform condition reports
in conjunction with collection support
Press and Marketing:
- assist the public relations manager with the preparation of
marketing collateral, including printing brochures
- provide marketing database maintenance help
- assist with special events such as the Lowell Folk Festival
and our annual Lowell Quilt Festival
- work as white glove attendant and perform quilt demos
- provide visitor services, including directions, ticketing, etc
- greet tour groups and provide a brief history of the museum
- introduce the current exhibit
- explain the layout of the museum
- guide the visitors to view the exhibit and talk about
2-4 of the exhibit quilts
- answer any questions or find the answers
- Thursdays between 10 AM and 3 PM
(but come when you can, leave when you must)
- meet in the Museum Store with Store Assistant Deb Janes
to assemble quilts and gift items to benefit the museum
and the community
For more information regarding any of our Volunteer positions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator by emailing email@example.com.